The *Brighid Festival* will be held for the sixth year in Brescia University College, a women's college at the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada. Running from 15 to 17 Feb, the theme this year is Wisdom, Wildness and Wonder.
The weekend festival is based on the Irish model developed by Woman Spirit Ireland in the early 1990s, and comprises music, dancing, drumming, singing, ritual, and presentations on Brighid and the wider Irish/European connections. Registration is open.
Options to attend: Full Weekend or Saturday Only
The Circle is also planning a major Brighid Conference in May 2015. What a wonderful opportunity for diverse Brigidines to gather together to learn, celebrate, and befriend one another!
Who, you may ask, is putting this festival on, year after year?
The Circle Women's Centre for Spirituality, Activism and the Earth
- The opportunity for women to explore their spiritality on their own terms.
- The opportunity to be a part of a spiritual community that is outside of any particular faith or denomination.
- The opportunity for women to be enlightened and enlivened through experiential ritual, education and learning.
- Open Circles - monthly rituals open to all women.
- Public lectures through The Sophia Series at Brescia
- A resource library
- Brighid Festival
- Ritual of Re-Membering, commemorating the Montreal Massacre and all women who have suffered due to gender violence.
- MORE Than a Book Sale fundraiser- featuring gently-used books and over 20 local artisans and organisations selling their art, craft and wares.
- Networking with our online community and other women's organizations within London and beyond.