Saturday, June 26, 2021

Poetry Reading: Mael Brigde (Through Writers in Our Midst)


I had the opportunity today to read and talk a little about Brigit today, thanks to Erik D'Souza of Writers in Our Midst.

Erik hosted a special event in celebration of my book, A Brigit of Ireland Devotional - Sun Among Stars, which he helped shape as one of my fellow writers in the Port Moody Writing Group in days of yore. It was his idea to do a reading especially for our literary friends and my personal friends and family, many of whom are either unaware, or only vaguely aware, of the large part of my life that is dedicated to Brigit. It was a little unnerving at first, to consider it, as in a small minority of cases I have specifically not mentioned it because I worried about the reaction I would face. But it seemed like the best time and way to let even those folk know about this very important place in me.

I felt very relaxed reading and talking to people I know well, and on the other hand, enjoyed this big, quiet coming out as a Pagan. It was a lovely, brief event. And surprise, surprise, narry a negative reaction.

There is, unfortunately, glitching in the sound, but it is still listenable to.

🙂

You can watch the video here.




No comments: