Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Who IS this Woman, and What are her Poems About?

 


Looking for something else, I stumbled across a tiny image of a book with a title that looked very much like it referred to a goddess/saint I know. I put the title of the book by Isabel Blanco Ollero into DuckDuckGo's browser window and got a translation:

BRIGID - O EL FUEGO DE LA TRANSFORMACIÓN works out to:

BRIGID - OR THE FIRE OF TRANSFORMATION.

Now, I know I'm on to something.

But I can’t read it, or even find an article in English to tell me about her. Who will read and tell us what she says?

We live in hope!

***********

UPDATE

One reader says:

 It's a book of poetry, apparently there are four poems. I can't find any of the actual text without buying it and there doesn't appear to be an online copy.

I have found what appears to be an illuminating article, thouh' of course I am going on the strength of the odd word I can guess.

 "BRIGID O EL FUEGO DE LA TRANSFORMACIÓN, DE ISABEL BLANCO OLLERO" by MANU LÓPEZ MARAÑÓN.


2 comments:

Race MoChridhe said...

An interview with the author can be found here: https://www.diariodenavarra.es/noticias/blogs/sopa-letras/2019/02/26/el-fuego-transformador-isabel-blanco-ollero-643294-3356.html

She talks briefly about what she found inspirational in the figure of Brigid, but it does not appear as though the poems are specifically Brigidine.

Mael Brigde said...

Thank you so much, Race!