Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Mael Brigde Interview, Oracle of Luna with Bridget Engels

 


After the flurry of activity last year around this time, with interviews and talks and so on ahead of my book's release, I decided I needed a quieter Imbolc this year, and didn’t organise anything beyond sharing my daily devotional with folk and having a gentle ritual and supper with fellow Daughter of the Flame, Seba.

Into this scene enter the lovely Bridget Engels, who invited me for an interview, to be conducted once the dust had settled. We had our conversation on Sunday and two days later it is ready for interested ears. See below for links to where you can find it.

I enjoyed talking with Bridget, although afterwards of course I found myself thinking, "oh! I didn’t explain that very well. I completely forgot to say the other thing. Etc., etc." As when I said I wanted to bring (describing me in the 1980s) not just the flame but a devotion to Brigit back into the world. Well, despite the fact that I live an ocean away from Ireland, I knew even then that the saint still had her fans. I meant the goddess, who I wanted to see become as known to goddess worshippers as Inanna and Aphrodite.

Earlier in the conversation, I talked about whether or not Brigit’s perpetual flame was an ancient pagan practice or a mediaeval Christian one. I completely forgot to say, as I got carried away with I what I was trying to explain, that whatever my opinions or anyone else’s about that question, tending Brigit’s flame remains a meaningful and precious practice which I have no intention of ever giving up.

So! Enough of my dithering and bum coverage. I invite you to listen to the Oracle of Luna with Bridget Engels and Mael Brigde.

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/18K4q6zxaHiWSX28cXKxyT

 

Apple:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-oracle-of-luna-with-bridget-engels-presents/id1537504464?i=1000550275300

 

Amazon Music:

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/dfdcd50b-35f7-485d-86c1-7b06979ae749/episodes/73d0d065-0cfd-4371-a8d2-0bc5a4607ef8/the-oracle-of-luna-with-bridget-engels--conversations-with-goddesses-the-oracle-of-luna-with-bridget-engels-presents-mael-brigde---devotee-of-the-goddess-brigit-author-poet-founder-of-the-daughters-of-the-flame

 

Pandora:

https://www.pandora.com/podcast/the-oracle-of-luna-with-bridget-engels-conversations-with-goddesses/the-oracle-of-luna-with-bridget-engels-presents-mael-brigde-devotee-of-the-goddess-brigit-author-poet-founder-of-the-daughters-of-the-flame/PE:8809601


Image: by Bridget Engels.

No comments: