Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been?



"On Reading" by André Kertész. Esztergom Hungary 1915


I want to explain why Brigit's Sparkling Flame has been so quiet recently. I have indeed been working on it, but rather than doing my usual little posts I have been ploughing through approximately twenty-five books and articles about Brigit, reviewing them at greater or lesser length, and preparing the reviews for the blog. This was a much bigger job than expected, in part because I kept expanding the list (it has since contracted a little as I had to rein myself in a tad), and in part because of Life.

I have in fact finished the reading and am at the stage of final drafts and organization of sections, to go on when that is completed to adding links, images, etc. Portions of some of the reviews will also go on LibraryThing.com and Amazon.

Problem is, I am not well. Various commitments to bring me to a healthy state are now taking most of my time, and there is no energy left for finishing the project at the moment. So once again there is a delay, but I am determined to get it done as soon as I can, and perhaps in the meantime I ought to go back to posting the odd little bit of interest to lovers of Brigit, such as the previous piece about the Daughters of Bride.

My apologies, and blessings of Brigit on you all.

Mael

1 comment: