Monday, August 19, 2019

Thank You, Elan! (Brigit Icon)



A couple of months ago a note of great wonder appeared in my inbox.

Elan said she would stitch me one of Donna Amaral's Brigit icons! And so she has. She was wonderful to work with, getting me to think about colour and how I see Brigit, when I wouldn't have considered departing from Donna's original. The result, and the lovely way Elan presented it, is beautiful and moving to receive. Thank you so very much, Elan.





Elan would be happy to stitch more of these if anyone is longing for a Brigit icon but, like me, couldn't stitch if their life depended on it. You can reach her at her Facebook page.

Brigit beginnings (plus labradorite)
Photo (and stitching!) by Elan




2 comments:

Bridee Redbud said...

What a beautiful treasure!

Mael Brigde said...

It really is. I am so moved.